The Greensburg Police Department has a competitive hiring process and is always looking for qualified men and women to serve as sworn police officers. Interested candidates must meet the following requirements:
- Shall possess a valid Indiana driver’s license (or obtain one within 60 days of becoming an Indiana resident) and have no more than eight active points
- Shall be a U.S citizen
- Shall be at least 21 years of age and not have reached 40 years old of age by date of appointment.
- Shall be drug-free and have no convictions for operating a motor vehicle under the influence of drugs
- Shall not have a conviction for operating a vehicle while intoxicated or with a blood alcohol content of.08% or above
- Shall have no felony convictions
- Shall have no convictions of any Class A misdemeanor
- Shall have no convictions for selected Class B misdemeanors.
- The Chief of Police will make the final decision regarding disqualification in this area.
- Shall not have been convicted of a misdemeanor crime of domestic violence
- Shall not have been dishonorably discharged from the military
- Shall be a high school graduate or possess a GED certificate
- Shall not have used an illegal drug in the last three years
- Shall meet or exceed Indiana Law Enforcement Physical Fitness Exit Standards:
- 29 sit-ups in 1 Minute
- 25 pushups (untimed)
- At least a 16-inch vertical jump
- 1.5 mile run in 16 minutes 28 seconds
- 300 meter run in 71 seconds
The selection process that all applicants must go through to become a Greensburg Police Officer consists of a variety of tests, assessments, and investigations that assist the department in employing those applicants best suited for police work.
The process utilized by the Greensburg Police Department includes:
- Online Application
- Physical Fitness Assessment
- Entry Level Written Examination
- Background Investigation
- Officer Ride Along
- Oral Interview
- Chief’s Interview
- Board of Works Interview
- Conditional Offer of Employment
- Psychological Examination
- Medical Examination
- Local Pension Board Approval
- State PERF Acceptance
- Chief’s Final Review
- Employment Offer-One year probation
- Successful Completion of the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy
- Successful Completion of the Field Training and Evaluation Process
*Applicants must pass each individual step in the hiring process to be eligible to advance to the next step.
Sergeant Joe Radcliff firstname.lastname@example.org 812-663-3131