Board of Zoning Appeals
The Greensburg Board of Zoning Appeals shall hear and decide all petitions involving appeals of administrative decisions, special exceptions, use variances, and variances from developmental standards. The duties of the BZA are to hear and determine appeals from and review the following:
- Any order, requirements, decision or determination made by an administrative official, hearing officer, or staff member under the Zoning Ordinance;
- Any order, requirement, decision, or determination made by an administrative board or other body except a Plan Commission in relation to the enforcement of the Zoning Ordinance; or
- Any order, requirement, decision or determination made by an administrative board or other body except a Plan Commission in relation to the enforcement or regulation adopted under Chapter 8 of the Zoning Ordinance requiring the procurement of an improvement location (building) or occupancy permit.
- (IC 36-7-4-918.2) The BZA shall approve or deny all special exceptions from the terms of the Zoning Ordinance.
- (IC 36-7-4-918.4) The BZA shall approve or deny variances of use from the terms of the Zoning Ordinance.
- (IC 36-7-4-918.5) The BZA shall approve or deny variances from the developmental standards (such as height, bulk, or area) of the Zoning Ordinance.
BZA meetings fall on the third Tuesday of the month. Click here to view the City’s Meeting Calendar
To request to be on the BZA agenda, please contact Building Commissioner Sarah Hamer by emailing email@example.com.