Building & Code Services, in conjunction with other City Departments, is responsible for the enforcement of the Greensburg City Code and the Land Use Regulations. Among the most common concerns are tall weeds and grass, business uses in residential zoning districts, improper placement or height of pools and signage.
If you would like to report a possible violation, please call 662-8495 or complete the form below and be prepared to provide the following information:
- The address of the possible violation
- A description of the possible violation
- Your name and contact information.
Your concern will be given a record number, and an inspector will go to the site to assess and document the condition of the property. The inspector will make every effort to keep you up-to-date on the situation. If relevant, other Departments such as the Greensburg Police or Decatur County Health Department will be notified as well.
Please note that the Greensburg City Code applies only within the corporate limits of the City of Greensburg.
- Tall Grass and Weeds: A new ordinance was just passed regarding removal of Weeds, Debris, and Other Such Rank Vegetation.
- Building Without a Permit: A permit is required for most new structures proposed in Greensburg.
- Fences: Fences in Greensburg do not require a permit; however, there are standards for their height and placement in the Zoning Ordinances.
- Business in Residential Zoning District: See the Permitted Use section of the corresponding zoning chapter of Zoning Ordinance. Special exceptions for home occupations.